PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: CBS
Join Paramount+ and fans from around the world for a global live-streamed “Star Trek Day” celebration on Thursday, Sept. 8 (12:00 PM, PT/3:00 PM, ET*). Live from the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles, Calif., “Star Trek Day” will feature back-to-back, in-person conversations with cast members from the “Star Trek” universe, along with exciting announcements and reveals throughout. The live-streamed celebration and additional information on “Star Trek Day” programming and initiatives can be found at StarTrek.com/Day.
On Sept. 8, 1966, “Star Trek” debuted for the first time on television with “The Man Trap,” the pilot episode of “Star Trek: The Original Series.” On that day, “Star Trek” creator Gene Roddenberry introduced audiences to a world that championed diversity, inclusion, acceptance and hope. Fifty-six years later, Paramount+ honors this important day and the franchise’s enduring legacy with the service’s third annual “Star Trek Day” celebration, providing fans with a memorable way to enjoy and celebrate all things “Star Trek.”
Additional information on the “Star Trek Day” global live-streamed celebration and initiatives is below:
“STAR TREK DAY” GLOBAL LIVE-STREAMED CELEBRATION (12:00 PM, PT/3:00 PM, ET*)
Join Paramount+ and co-hosts Tawny Newsome (STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS, “Space Force”) and Paul F. Tompkins (STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS, “BoJack Horseman”), co-hosts of “Star Trek: The Pod Directive,” for two hours of free live-streamed conversations and programming that will unite iconic cast members from the television series as they gather in person to celebrate “Star Trek,” with a few surprises along the way.
The event will kick off live from the “Star Trek Day” red carpet with co-hosts Jackie Cox (RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE) and Mary Chieffo (STAR TREK: DISCOVERY) interviewing “Star Trek” cast members from past to present.
The conversations will include the casts from the following “Star Trek” television series:
• “STAR TREK: PICARD,” with series stars Jeri Ryan and Michelle Hurd.
• “STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS,” with voice cast members Tawny Newsome, Noël Wells and Dawnn Lewis.
• “STAR TREK: PRODIGY,” with series voice cast including Brett Gray and Kate Mulgrew.
• “STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS,” with series stars Rebecca Romijn, Jess Bush, Christina Chong, Celia Rose Gooding, Melissa Navia and Babs Olusanmokun.
Additional programming currently includes:
• NICHELLE NICHOLS TRIBUTE, featuring a special video to honor the impact and influence of Nichelle Nichols.
• BEHIND-THE-SCENES SET TOUR OF “STAR TREK: DISCOVERY,” with Wilson Cruz from Toronto, as he provides fans with an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at filming season five of the hit original series, along with appearances from Sonequa Martin-Green and other cast members.
• “PUT ON YOUR BEST FACE,” where a lucky fan will be transformed into a “Star Trek” alien by a series make-up artist.
• “STAR TREK” COSPLAY RUNWAY, hosted by Jackie Cox, fans will strut the runway in their finest “Star Trek” cosplay.
• SPECIAL MUSICAL GUEST, Reggie Watts from THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH JAMES CORDEN.
• STAND-UP COMEDY, with Brian Posehn (“Mr. Show,” “The Big Bang Theory”).
See last years event…..
Fans worldwide will be able to live-stream the “Star Trek Day” celebration for free at StarTrek.com/Day and on YouTube (Paramount+ and Star Trek Official pages), Facebook (@StarTrek), Twitter (@StarTrekonPPlus) and TikTok (@ParamountPlus). It will also be available to stream for free in the U.S. only on Paramount+’s Twitch page.
After their initial airing, the conversation portions of the event will be available on-demand on Paramount+.
Full details on global live-stream and on-demand availability will be updated on StarTrek.com/Day.
“STAR TREK” AUGMENTED REALITY DELTA PORTALS
“Star Trek Day” will also be celebrated with a one-of-a-kind opportunity for fans around the world with the debut of in-person “Star Trek” Augmented Reality Delta Portals. The Delta Portals will be set up for a limited time in select cities internationally, from Wednesday, Sept. 7 to Thursday, Sept 8.
Each location will have three “Star Trek” Deltas, each seven feet tall and featuring QR codes that, when scanned on Instagram, transform the objects into mixed-reality portals that bring the user into the world of “Star Trek.”
Each augmented reality experience will be based on a current “Star Trek” series, featuring fully 3D alien planets, classic starships and iconic characters as they interact with both the virtual and physical worlds.
Locations are below:
• Los Angeles: The Grove
• New York: Hudson Yards
• Chicago: Water Tower Place
• London, United Kingdom: Science Museum
• São Paulo, Brazil: Shopping Cidade São Paulo (Note: Brazil dates are Thursday, Sept. 8 to Friday, Sept. 9)
• Melbourne, Australia: Federation Square