Welcome to the latest ’5D Pop Culture Website Pick Of The Week Award’, the opportunity to share something in the world of Pop Culture (usually, but not exclusively RPG-related). This week’s choice falls well and truly within of the RPG universe and will shortly be on my own ’to buy’ list on the DriveThruRPG link below.
And while the ’5D Pop Culture Website Pick Of The Week Award’ may not be; a) The most prestigious award in the TTRPG community, or b) A snappy, concise award title – well, it will be something we take rather seriously at 5DHQ as we fastidiously wade through the plethora of weekly releases.
And while there may be no review, or even more importantly, no prize, there is the knowledge that the winner has our undying love and adoration…..though not in a creepy way, obviously.
In the summer of 1925, a classified ad appears in the Boston Globe promising an ancient near-eastern jar containing a mysterious scroll. Working on behalf of the Miskatonic Exhibit Museum to verify the artifact’s legitimacy, the investigators travel to a venerable hotel in the old city’s downtown to meet with the seller and other interested parties, where they get caught up in events that threaten to unravel reality itself!
The Unraveling is the first scenario in Al-Azif Unearthed, a serialized campaign uncovering the ancient origins of the dreaded Necronomicon. It is well-suited for 3-5 players over two or more sessions. It can also be played as a one-shot or integrated into existing campaigns.
A fully-functional ready-to-run conversion for Roll20 of the 78-page scenario for Call of Cthulhu 7th edition, set in the Classic Era.
- Original artwork from veteran Lovecraftian artist Paul Carrick and newcomer Meg Fanning.
- Edited by Leslie “XP Lovecat” Horn.
- An original stylized full-color map of Boston in 1925.
- A new Mythos tome and artifact.
- One new spell.
- Eleven full-color player handouts to immerse the investigators into the scenario.
- Three original monsters.
- Enhanced chase rules in a shifting, chaotic environment.
- The challenges of navigating a magical calamity!
- Players may use their own characters or use one of six pre-generated investigators.
Roll20 Specific Highlights:
- Main content matches the v1.3 update for the PDF version:
- An Investigator Cork Board for an immersive backdrop for Keepers and Players during the scenario to organize and display handouts. (Exclusive to the Roll20 version)
- Two tactical maps, complete with dynamic lighting.
- 6 Pre-generated Characters use the integrated Roll20 Call of Cthulhu Sheets
- All NPCs and Monsters use NPC integrated character sheet support.
- Full token support for all Pre-generateed Characters, NPCs, and Monsters.
- Handouts provided both in the Investigator’s journals and as tokens on the Investigator Cork Board.
- Guidelines and suggestions for how to run the scenario using Roll20.
Al-Azif Unearthed: The Unraveling – Roll20 Scenario for Call of Cthulhu is available here at DriveThruRPG