Welcome to The Ultraviolet Grasslands, the roleplaying game of heroes on a strange trip through mythic steppes in search of lost time, broken space, and deep riffs. Half setting, half adventure, and half epic trip; inspired by psychedelic heavy metal, the Dying Earth genre, and classic Oregon Trail games.
The 2nd Edition is a director’s cut of the OG UVG
- More art. Bigger art.
- Expanded content from 200 pages to 252 pages.
- Streamlined character rules for smoother gameplay.
- Expanded caravan options, vehicles, and equipment to equip your party.
- A brand-new bestiary section with a menagerie of friends and foes
- Revamped spells for a simpler, weirder game.
- A table of 50 adorable pets.
- Revamped character and caravan sheets.
- An expanded map featuring the whole Circle Sea region.
- A revised oldtech referee screen.
Like the OG UVG, it covers
- 32 ready-to-run destinations.
- Scores of strange discoveries to season your world.
- A few mini-adventures and the generative Near Moon dungeon.
- Hundreds of color illustrations.
- Weird factions, from sentient mind-controlling cats to many-bodied porcelain princes, and dozens of backgrounds for characters.
- System-light and easily ported to the game system of your choice.
- Equipment for the ultraviolet wastes.
- Long-distance travel rules (now a little simpler!).
- Caravan rules and unusual trade goods.
- Spells, biomagical corruption, portal gates, and a ton of strange items.
- History, climate, and discovery generators.
UVG 2E: Ultraviolet Grasslands and the Black City is available now at DriveThruRPG